SRR professionals have significant experience advising in “special situations” where a company is facing an inflection point due to liquidity challenges, debt maturities or covenant compliance issues which can result from company-specific issues or cyclical and/or secular changes. In these situations, it is often imperative that the company and its advisors respond quickly to preserve flexibility, maximize the range of alternatives available, and ultimately preserve value for the company’s constituents.
SRR has multi-disciplinary capabilities and dedicates a full team of senior professionals with special situations and industry expertise to its engagements to offer objective, unbiased advice regarding the range of strategic and capital structure alternatives that may be available. We advise debtors, lenders and other creditors of middle market companies navigating through varying levels of financial distress, and have extensive experience consummating transactions both out-of-court and through in-court proceedings.
Services provided include the following:
- Evaluation of strategic alternatives
- Capital structure assessment
- Negotiating amendments (covenant relief, amend and extend, etc.)
- Raising capital (rescue/bridge financing, DIP, mezzanine debt)
- Distressed mergers & acquisitions
- Chapter 11/§363 bankruptcy sales
- Providing valuation / expert testimony in bankruptcy proceedings