The SRR tax controversy team is comprised of experienced testifiers, consulting experts and structured data practitioners who have helped resolve tax disputes on behalf of some of the most recognized companies in the world. Our team focuses on effective resolution using creative approaches and cost-effective resources.
Our tax controversy competencies include:
Accounting & Economics: SRR’s expert consultants compile and present complex financial data with the proper rigor to maximize the probability that foundational data is stipulated. Our expert accountants can also comment on taxpayers’ accounting practices and any related authoritative accounting pronouncements.
Structured Data Services: Our ability to rapidly acquire, assemble and summarize even the largest financial, operational, accounting and transactional data sets differentiates us from other firms. Our professionals have experience in investigations and disputes involving data sets exceeding 100 TB. This enables us to successfully and efficiently support matters where the sheer volume of data involved might be a serious obstacle for other firms. Key attributes of our data handling competencies include:
- Consultants skilled with database applications including SQL, Access, SAS and STATA;
- Secure FTP data transfer capabilities;
- Secure data centers capable of handling the largest data sets;
- Professionals skilled in communicating with client IT personnel to effectively and efficiently acquire the data necessary for analysis; and
- An understanding of the qualitative nature of the data being analyzed and its potential uses as opposed to simply its volume and format.
Expert Testimony: Our experts have testified before state and federal courts (including U.S. Tax Court), regulatory enforcement panels, government agencies, arbitrators and mediators. We are also experienced in presenting to all facets of upper management, boards of directors and special committees.
Industry Experience: Our tax controversy team has broad industry experience, including:
- Consumer Products
- Transportation / Freight Shipping Services
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Medical Devices & Pharmaceuticals