SRR works closely with audit and tax advisory professionals on a variety of complex financial issues, including domestic and international financial reporting and tax transactions and disclosures. Our professionals produce sophisticated, supportable, and timely analysis that withstands scrutiny from shareholders, bondholders, the SEC, IRS, PCAOB, or counterparties to a transaction.
SRR has a long history of working with all of the national accounting firms to ensure a smooth and effective process that respects and supports client relationships. While our professionals include many CPAs, we do not perform audit & assurance services, due diligence, compliance, or tax services.
Typical financial reporting engagements:
- Purchase price allocation
- Goodwill and long-lived asset impairment testing
- Real estate and machinery & equipment valuation
- Fair Value of financial assets and liabilities
- Private equity portfolio and carried interest valuations
- Employee stock options and restricted stock
- Fresh start accounting
Typical corporate tax planning engagements:
- International tax restructurings
- Deferred compensation
- Property tax appeals
Typical corporate development engagements:
- Fairness opinions, solvency opinions, and capital adequacy opinions
- Merger exchange ratio and joint venture contribution analyses
- Post-transaction disputes and appraisal actions
Typical M&A and valuation disputes:
- Post-transaction disputes including material adverse change claims
- Determination of reasonably equivalent value
- Business valuation disputes
SRR has advised corporate boards, special transaction committees, independent trustees, management, and other fiduciaries of private, middle-market, and public companies.